OUR DOG CHARLIE

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

let our travels begin...

Well, we have been very busy the past few days and Charlie has been on his best behavior! (Get ready, this a long post!) I needed to go into work for a few hours before I left town for the holidays so I left Charlie alone in the house for the first time. He did SO well - no accidents and everything was all in one piece when I returned home. Charlie really likes hanging out on the balcony off of my bedroom - here are a few pictures that I took Monday morning before I went to work.
We began packing our bags (yes, charlie has his own overnight bag too!) We packed his food, treats, his leash and what was left a hotdog squeeze toy and his chicken too. Charlie likes to follow me everywhere I go - so he made as many trips down the stairs as I did. We were soon all packed - even had to give the car a good cleaning to make room for my stuff and Charlie too and we were off on our journey! It was Charlie's first time to ride in my car and he loved hanging his head out the window!!
We made it to Little Rock with NO accidents - yea! Charlie slept the entire time. Charlie was a little confused when we got to Robert's but he was wagging his tail in no time! We also learned a few new things about Charlie on our first visit to Robert's. One, we learned that Charlie WILL get on the couch. We decided that it is because there is more room on Robert's couch for Charlie. We also learned that Charlie will chew on things other than his toys. He chewed a belt loop off of a pair of Robert's pants - So we know what Charlie will be getting Robert for Christmas:) We also learned that when we leave Charlie in the car to run into the grocery store he likes to move to the front seat! I was laughing historically when I got back to the car on a quick trip to Kroger. We said our goodbyes and parted ways for the Thanksgiving holiday. Charlie was so sad to leave Robert and we think a little confused too - where am I going now?!
On the way out of town, we stopped at Fresh Market to pick up steaks and shrimp to take to his grandparent's - when I got back to the car there was a man putting grocery's in his car and he said, "mam, I have to tell you, when I walked by your car I thought to myself, wow, that kid needs a haircut!" That kid is Charlie! Charlie will not be getting a haircut anytime soon - we love his big fluffy, curly hair!

We made our journey over to Forrest City (yea, no accidents!) but it was a little tricky introducing Charlie to my parent's german shepard, Maddie. Charlie was VERY calm, but Maddie went CRAZY! Barking and jumping everywhere! We let them sniff each other and Maddie finally calmed down. Charlie has had a few accidents in the house, but we know Maddie just scared him (or that is what I'm thinking). They have been running all around the house and it sounds like a herd of cows but all is good. My parents also have a cat that Charlie has been trying to find. The cat likes to hide behind the tv - she will probably not come out until we leave on Saturday, but Charlie has enjoyed looking at her - the picture is below.















2 comments:

Craig and Erin said...

Oh- it makes me so happy to see Charlie settling in and looking like he is acting normal! It is going to help me to be able to see him and read about him and so the kids can see him too! Thank you- Give him a big hug for us!

alimitchell said...

Hey Sarah...Charlie looks so happy... He does look shaggy and I just trimmed his eyes and feet... I am so glad you are enjoying Charlie... He is a big teddy bear... Last Friday I let him stay out in my grooming room with me... He just laid there and watched me... So glad we can keep in touch... My mom said she would love to see you sometime... The next time we come for an orthopedic appt... I will call you... It might be soon... Ali